Busy preparing for Christmas and New Year, and you’re already run off your feet. That doesn’t stop you though does it?
Sneaking a look at your emails as you’re wraping presents. Taking a call while the prawns are cooking on the BBQ. It’s a situation that many small business owners will know well as they try to balance running their business with celebrating over the holiday period.
Take a breath and stop chasing your tail.
- Balance your workload and family time
Start the day early and get work out of the way before your children, phone calls and emails start coming in.
- Put your phone away
Have set working time and places where your going to work. Put your phone and laptop away at the end of these set times. Don’t check it, don’t look at it. There is nothing so important that you can’t wait until the next day.
- Schedule social media posts
If you can, schedule both emails and social media posts in advance to free up time.
- Take time for you
Its been a busy year and you’ve been go-go-go. It’s easy to burn out, so don’t let that happen. Make sure you take time to rest, relax and simply focus on the present.
It can be a very stressful time of year. Richard Branson has some interesting ideas on how to survive Christmas, check it out.
What were your goals this year?
Did you have any? Did you achieve them?
We’ve all been in the situation where we have set goals for the new year, next week or today. Sometimes we get thrown off track with other priorities, get distracted or simply lose motivation. Most of the time we never reach what we aimed to – 2018 doesn’t have to be like this.
The best thing is, you can use this holiday period to think about how you want 2018 to be.
Wouldn’t it be great to have lots of money and not have to worry about your next bill?
To have the flexability to have a cash flow that enables you to grow and drive your business?
What about just having more money in the bank in general?
Forget the mistakes you’ve made or the goals you didn’t quite get to in 2017, with our help you’ll be kicking goals throughout 2018.
Let’s think about this year and what you’d like to acheive in 2018
- Have an action plan.
- Do you know if your business has grown compared to the prior 12 months?
- Is your business growing or is it shrinking or going stale?
- Are cash flow issues keeping you awake at night or would you like your business to be more sustainable in cash flow terms
- Did you have goals at the start of this year and how many have you achieved?
- Are you happy with the amount of time your business requires of you?
- Are you getting quality family or personal time on a regular basis?
- Did your business live up to your expectations this year?
- Did your business keep growing and achieving the great things you wanted
We can assist you with your financial situation, help you set out a plan and help you stick to it.
Simply go here, fill out the contact form and select: 2018 Business Strategy
Click to download this action plan.
Sharp Accounting is a local accounting firm in Ballarat. Sharp Accounting nurture business growth by adding value through collaboration and shared knowledge.