This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you.
Sharp Accounting will not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
Any personal or business information which you do supply will only be used internally at Sharp Accounting and will not be divulged to a third party unless that third party is associated or integral to the purpose for which you gave us the information or where required by law. We will only use and disclose information about you for the purpose for which you gave us that information. We may use and disclose information about you for a purpose other than the purpose for which you gave us the information where:
- That other purpose is related to the purpose for which you gave us the information;
- You have given us your consent for the personal information to be used or disclosed for the additional purpose;
- Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- Where we suspect that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and we use or disclose the personal information to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
- The use or disclosure is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law.
Sharp Accounting maintains sophisticated IT systems to keep its customer, vendor and employee data on master files. Sharp Accounting has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control, including restricted access, firewalls and encryption.
While Sharp Accounting employs anti virus software and encryption technology when interfacing with its customers, suppliers, contractors and other parties, you should be aware that there is a residual risk in transmitting any data electronically. This risk is inherent in any Internet dealings
How to access, correct or update your information
Sharp Accounting will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date, and will review information on its databases at regular internals to ensure all information kept is up to date.
You have a right to seek access to your personal information and to make correction to that information. Please contact us if your details change or if you believe the information we have about you is not accurate or complete. We will provide you with reasonable opportunity to access your personal information and have it corrected or updated.
Exceptions to your access rights may include:
- Where providing access will pose a serious threat to the life or health or any individual or pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
- Your request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- Where the information relates to existing legal proceedings between Sharp Accounting and you and the information would not be discoverable in the process of those legal proceedings; or
- Where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of laws, or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
Where Sharp Accounting refuses a request for correction or access, you will be provided with written reasons for the refusal and details of complain mechanisms.
Sharp Accounting takes your complaints seriously. If you believe that Sharp Accounting has not dealt with your personal information in a manner that complies with the Privacy Act 1998, the Privacy (Enhancing Privacy Protections) Act 2012, the Credit Reporting Privacy Code and the Australian Privacy Principles (“the APPs”) as amended from time to time, please contact the Privacy Officer, 1311 Sturt Street, Ballarat, VIC 3350 or e-mail email@example.com or via any of our contact details listed at www.sharpaccounting.com.au. You will be required to put your complaint in writing. Sharp Accounting will use its best endeavours to provide a response in writing within a timely manner, and to correct any personal information and notify any other entity required with updated information.
Sharp Accounting has detailed procedures for dealing with Privacy breaches. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or if Sharp Accounting refuses to provide access to, or correction of, your personal information, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.