Eligible employers are now able to apply to access wage subsidies to help with costs for taking on new and eligible employees, funded by Jobs Victoria.
The wage subsidy amount available depends on each employee and whether the job is full-time (up to $20,000) or part-time (up to $10,000).
Eligible employees must be from one or more of the following priority groups and must be hired by you (the applicant) before applying to the Fund:
- women aged over 45 years
- long-term unemployed people (unemployed for six months or more)
- jobseekers registered with a Jobs Victoria Partner (see Appendix A)
- Aboriginal people and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- people seeking asylum/refugees
- newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
- young people aged under 25
- people over 45 years
- people previously employed under the Working for Victoria initiative
You can apply to claim for up to 20 eligible employees depending on the size of your business, just bear in mind you must provide at least 60% of the roles to women if you are hiring more than three employees.
You can review all details on the Jobs Victoria website: https://jobs.vic.gov.au/about-jobs-victoria/our-programs/jobs-victoria-fund
If you would like our assistance to help you with this process, please contact our team to discuss your specific requirements.